|Red Wine Oxtail with Tagliatelle, Kale and Mushrooms|
Standard blogger protocol dictates that after an extended lapse of posting, the first few sentences of the post that ends said lapse should be spent giving reason as to the how’s and whys that caused it. Anyway.
2 red onions, roughly chopped
6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 very large glass of red wine
300-500ml of stock, but water would be fine
- With a sharp knife remove the layer of fat around the outside of the cut.
- Heat a pan until hot and add oil. Season oxtail pieces well with salt and pepper and sear until all sides have some colour.
- Remove and set aside. Add bacon and fry until it begins to colour.
- When done remove from oven and let sit (still covered) for at least half an hour.
- Give self the mother of all back-pats.